
Hello.
This sucks. I’m leaving tomorrow for Taiwan and will be gone for a month again. I don't like leaving this city. National Service has made me fall in love with Singapore. Sure, there's the idea of ‘wasting away’ two years of your life but weird enough this frustrating obligation has made me appreciate many things that I usually take for granted.
For starters, being on land. I mean, gravity is beautiful and the idea of knowing your next step is stable and solid is very nice, very comforting. I hate the sea and its rocking motion. Okay la, I admit I’m one of the many that say “I love sunsets and the sea. It’s very soothing.”.But the truth is, they are lies. All lies! Sunsets are nice, but let me tell you, the sea is mad. It rocks and makes you puke. And when you puke, you think of home and your family. It is very depressing.
And it is very boring. I get so sick of hearing everyone brag about getting each other drunk and constant talk about sex. It is very very very very annoying. “Wah, dua neh bu and the other day I went Zouk and bwah her. Damn shiok.” Seriously, people need to hear themselves more. This whole concept about comparing rubbing-each-other-in-clubs stories should stop! Okay fine, you rub and you get a kick out of it. I hear it once, great. It’s funny. But it is like the 738th time I have heard it and it sounds the same. It doesn’t take much to tell the story anyway. The vocabulary just involves ‘chai,’ ‘bwah’ and ‘shiok.’ It is very boring. And WeeSiang is always busy onboard. So my best friend during sailing is my sketchbook and pen. So please, Navy people, stop asking why I keep drawing. I draw because I had enough of your ‘chai’ talk. Friends and family, I’ll miss you and miss complaining to you. You don’t know how nice it is to just talk about nothing. I’ll miss your company terribly.
One month will probably breeze by and I’ll come back with stories (like always). But if you think about me during this 31days, please drop me a prayer and pray for good health, good faith to read the bible and at the same time, for the ship crew to drop the mindset of trying to get me laid. I seriously don’t know why they get the kick out of this.
“Chrisitans are old virgins that have no life.”
You don’t know how many weird remarks I get from them.
“Do you drink only holy water?”
“Eh, your Jesus die every Good Friday ah.”
“I heard Christians are not allowed to wear skulls right.”
“I want to go church. Yes, I'm serious. I think its a good place to know more chai. Eh intro your church friends to me leh. They chio or not.”
“God said thou shalt not kill right. What if right if one day you are like walking and a man run to you with a dagger and want to kill you then you run la but he too fast so he cut you. Then you shout Jesus then He never send the angel help you. So what will you do.”
“If Jesus and your mother fell into a river who will you save.”
Okay guys, I’ll see you soon. Love you all faithful blog readers!

<< Home